Wednesday, February 20, 2008

hello, flora

Good morning, all. Today I'm out with a nasty headache and scratchy throat, so I thought I would peek in while I had some quiet moments. I think that my Maker is reminding me that I need to slow down. I have to admit that this long and lingering winter has got me a bit on the sad side. And I'm oh so ready to put some fresh-picked flowers in the vase below, but alas, there are none for the picking. But the Lord is good. He made the snow. He made the rain, and He makes them both fall. And if my God decides that be a long winter, then I will joyfully put on my wool socks, sweaters cover up with my blanket, remembering His faithfulness, and the way that He covers me with something far better than blankets--- His blood. The forecast is a minute thing in perspective of the mercy and grace of the Almighty.


I do have a bit of sunny news, though! Monday afternoon I sat with my p.m. dose of joe at B &N, browsing through my favorite magazines, and I happened upon a picture of my first cousin, flora, in Domino! I did a double-take, and sure enough, it was a three page spread on her 'green' gardening and products! She is a palm broker with a green thumb to boot, and very successful in her trade. Turns out, she's actually had multiple articles in other publications like Dwell, Garden Design, and others! I was happy to see her beautiful face, as it's been years. (I have about 40 first cousins spread all over the U.S., did I mention that?)
So here's my shameless plug for you to all go check out the march issue of Domino. Flip over to the 'nesting' section, and you will find Flora Grubb (her real name, I promise)! Check her out here. And by all means, if you live in California, go and visit!

So hello, dear Flora, and wonderful job! And, if you have any suggestions, cousin, on what to do with the yucky yucca in my front garden, do tell.

2 comments:

jenni said...

I was just looking at that issue last night. Your cousin does indeed have a very green thumb!

Harmansingh said...

Hey Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work



Regards
1. Best Landscaping company in India