Friday, February 22, 2008

off to retreat

Howdy, folkies. I'm still under the weather with something-er-rather, so I'm finding myself at home again (I'd rather be there than anywhere, though!), but I think I'm on the mend. One of the reasons I'm resting is because this afternoon I leave to go to our annual women's retreat. This is the third year that I have been helping out with worship, and I need to be up-and-at-'em to do that! So please keep my feeble fingers, voice and spirit in your prayers, would you? The topics and speakers at our retreat have always been wonderful. Last year the message was about the Kingdom. So good. The year before that it was about women mentoring women - a beautiful and biblical mandate and privilege. Tonight and tomorrow we will be studying peacemaking and reconciliation. I am particularly excited about this subject because I am realizing how much I need to grow in this area. (Marriage is like a mirror, isn't it!? Especially with such a godly husband to hold up to your face.)

May God be glorified in all that we say, learn, sing, think and do this weekend.


2 comments:

Abby said...

Hey! How are you? And now the lame and obvious question that everyone has to ask: how's married life?

Sam said...

A garden shed is a beloved way of making garden lovely. It gives your garden a classic decorative look with versatility.