Thursday, February 14, 2008

oh, yum.

I love cooking. Everything from the initial search for a good recipe, to that first taste of the final product....ahh, I'm just a sucker for all of it. When I was about knee-high, I would sit for hours and look through my grandmother's pastry and dessert books. The pictures almost made me drool. As I tried my childish hand at culinary things, my blessed momma would patiently endure all my confectionary experiments. She always sweetly reminded me that I would have to eat the end result, no matter how it turned out. I, altogether too confident for my little stature, thought that whatever I whipped up would be delectable. One time, that 'end result' was a glass of milk with a whole tablespoon of vanilla extract (would not recommend it!) and another time it was a muffin-tin full of flour, cocoa powder and oil. Yeck. But after all of that, I dearly appreciate how much time mom allowed and encouraged me to spend in the kitchen. I'm still diverging from the recipe these days, only not quite so far off! Lately I've been into salads. And this one shall be made again soon. Real soon.

(This is after we got to it, of course.)


The 'recipe:'

lots of lettuce, of course (include raddichio)
a handful of dried cranberries
a handful of finely diced walnuts
vinaigrette: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, raspberry preserves, pepper, and a teensy bit o' mustard.

3 comments:

jenni said...

That salad looks delish!

Sarah Marie said...

Thanks, Jenni! If y'all lived around here, we would have to have you over to share some around our table!

Sam said...

We have a wide variety of furniture choices from living room furniture, bedroom furniture, dining room furniture, to outdoor furniture. Feel free to mix and match as you wish in order to design your room the way you want it.