Thursday, January 31, 2008

springing forward a little early

My phone rang at 6:00 this morning, with the happy news that school was closed due to the blustery weather. So... I've been happily taking my time, greatly enjoying what our home actually looks like in the sunlight of daytime! Yep, I'm sippin' my cup(s) nice and slow, taking some photos, playing my guitar, and getting things knocked off that list with a smile.

The white world out there really is breathtaking. But I much prefer being on the inside looking out. Today I'll be lighting candles and baking bread for Mr. Luper, looking forward to a season that's warm enough for these little porch dwellers to visit us again. Doesn't he just warm you up?

Taken in November.

Stay safe and warm!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Ah, yes, the beauty of a snow day... I'm a teacher too, so I know the good feeling! Gorgeous shot.