Sunday, January 27, 2008

a Sabbath cup

We had a joyful weekend, full of meals with new friends and old friends ("one is silver and the other's gold" -- remember that song?) There is nothing like preparing a meal in one's kitchen with dear friends. But what's even better is sitting around the table together, gratefully breaking bread (pita, in this case!), drinking wine, celebrating the holy Sabbath. I have a feeling that I might be blogging about that restful day quite a bit in the future, so be warned!

In the meantime, one of my other favorite things to do on the Sabbath is, of course, partaking the the bounty of the bean: coffee.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you familiar with the song Java Jive? I couldn't help but think of the lyrics when I read your post... I heard it sung first on a Dordt College choir cd, I think. Between that and your query if folks remember the old friend song, I couldn't help but respond. I can't hear the 'one is silver and the other gold' without thinking of you!

sarah L

Liz in the Mist said...

I don't even like coffee and you just made me thirsty :)

Oh and what Sarah L said--Java Jive rocks!!