Tuesday, July 1, 2008

31 things for 31 days




I've been waiting for this month for a while. I'm not sure why, except that I know its a month in which I feel I can find a routine that works for us, and make some headway on a few things. We have no huge plans, no obligations, no performances. Just a good old chunk of time. After thinking about it a bit, here are 31 things I hope to achieve or attempt in this beautiful month of July (in no particular order).

1. make a couple of floor cushions
2. purchase new (to us) coffee table.
3. decide which week or weekend to make a trip out to see family.
4. memorize this.
5. remember, play, and rework some old songs.
6. bake a flan.
7. fashion two more couch pillows.
8. get crackin' on some long overdue correspondence and thank yous.
9. take Joshua on a picnic.
10. determine our 1st anniversary plans.
11. spend time with my dearest friends.
12. get a head start (or at least some planning done) on Christmas gifts and/or decor.
13. spend more time outside in the morning hours.
14. get back in the habit and discipline of journaling.
15. drink less coffee. *sigh*
16. learn a few standard folk fiddle tunes.
17. help best friend plan her October wedding!
18. go on walks around our cute neighborhood.
19. go through our 3,008 wedding photographs and pick specific ones to order. oh my.
20. dust off scrapbooking materials and preserve some memories.
21. listen to lectures or sermons while doing housework.
22. be more intentional about hospitality.
23. finish two books I've started.
24. make more meals ahead of time.
25. pick a day to do a time stewardship inventory.
26. get up a wee bit earlier.
27. practice newer songs and refine.
28. fine-tune my morning schedule.
29. write husband 'why I respect you' letters.
30. begin narrowing down set list for planned fall tour.
31. donate at least 3 bags of clothes to goodwill.

I'll be updating you on some of these things throughout the month. Here we go!
What are some things you hope to spend time doing in July?

Love,
Sarah Marie

No comments: