Saturday, June 14, 2008

happy windows.

I just thought I would share a corner or two today. I put together these curtains panels a few weeks ago. They really tie together the rest of the kitchen...which I will have to photograph for you soon. It's funny. Lately I've been drawn to this cantaloupe color, which never really made it in to my decorating palette before. It's a happy hue.


Top detail:



(Sorry for the bad light. Curtains are tricky to photograph well!)
We have some neat curtain rods we still need to put up...
The curtains go to the floor, and have the same horizontal pattern at the bottom.

I made a corresponding little curtain/cover for a hutch/shelf we have in our kitchen, given to us by Joshua's parents. I pleated (or something) a bit at the bottom:



Then I saw these on World Market's site yesterday, and noticed some similarities...



...but I am thrilled to report that I spent 80% less making ours than buying these. I love a good steal, especially a handmade one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful! I look forward to meeting them in person tonight! :)

Sarah Marie said...

Heehee. The curtains were very happy to meet you as well! Thanks for coming and being in our home! I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. Get better, so you are all healed up before you walk down that aisle. Oh, T, your dress is so gorgeous...and it's even more beautiful on you!

kate ortiz said...

such great curtains! and i'm digging the wider tap tops. you're giving me some good inspiration for our new house.