Friday, March 21, 2008

It's a good man


...that brings home Gillian Welch for my ears.

...that pulls me in close when I'm fearful and tells me with confidence that God has overcome this world.

...that takes me out for coffee and a good read.

...that listens attentively to new songs, knowing how close they are to my heart.

...that makes me giggle, even when I'm trying not to.

...that has the guts and love enough to correct me when I'm wrong in thought or deed.

...that loves me because I am his.

He's a good man, and handsome too. :)

4 comments:

jenni said...

All of this AND Gillian Welch? You've got a keeper for sure.
:)

Sarah Marie said...

Seriously...and that's just the tip of the iceberg, ya know? I'm feelin' mighty blessed.

kate ortiz said...

hey there, found you by way of jenni (i think...) and i have to agree - a keeper, most definitely.
and i, too, have been reading "heart aflame" - a great morning ritual, yes?
enjoying your site.

Sarah Marie said...

Thanks for stopping by, kate! Lovely to meet you! I'd like to make it more of a morning ritual...right now it's more of a 1:30pm thing, after the kids at work begin naptime. (How funny -- I just asked my small group to pray that I would have more disciplined mornings!) I love Calvin's writing, don't you?