Wednesday, March 12, 2008

pears & projects


Hi there, lovelies. I hope you all have been able to enjoy a spring preview similar to ours here in the Midwest! It was short-lived, but glorious. All I can say is that I've had naked toes for three days straight, and that's the way I like it! Our kitchen table has benefited greatly from the sunshine as well. I just had to snap a shot of the light streaming in on my little lunch-pear! I love how the green in the pear accents the airy colors of the cloth. It's a bit more 'floral' than I've been keen on lately, but I very much like the leaves.

It always gives me a grin when I see similar themes, colors and patterns pop in my life...can you tell I'm done with winter? So. Done. Anywho, the above shirt was actually a former reject of Sir Joshua's, which I snatched up in a jiffy for some (way overdue) repurposing!. I'm posting the 'before,' simply so I have some accountability to eventually post an 'after.' I'm excited (and a wee bit scared) to see what will come of it!

I'm also in the process of acquiring more of these to sew curtain panels for our kitchenette. I'll post pictures when they are hung!

Blessings, dears!

3 comments:

jenni said...

I love the photo with the pear.
And I can't wait to see those curtain panels!

Sarah Marie said...

thanks, jenni, I can't wait to see them either! :)

lvelyrita said...

I found your blog through brianna's, and I just have to tell you that you brought tears to my eyes just now. I'm so sad sad sad to see that paisley shirt.

I had one just like it. One that my dad bought on Petticoat Lane, when he lived in London in 1970. I had to let it go a couple weeks ago because it was too frayed to wear any more and irreparably so. Oh! how I want it back! My dad still has the matching tie.