Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday


(taken Thanksgiving 2009, at my parents' house)

An exercise in thankfulness and contentment. Turning the frown upside down. Seeing the beauty.

Today I am thankful:

...for the excessive heat
  • because it helps me to 'love' my home more when we are stuck indoors.
  • its easy on the budget.
  • because the morning light is especially beautiful, peacefully waking us up.
  • because it makes me drink more water.
  • butter pecan ice cream. Nuff said.
  • because I dread the cold more than the heat, so I'll soak it up.

...that we don't own a washer or dryer
  • because its a nice excuse to see the in laws.
  • because my sweet mother-in-law and sister-in-law help me with inordinate amounts of burp-cloth washing.
  • because ironing is NOT my favorite chore.
  • because my clothes smell like the country air.

...that we live in a smaller space
  • there is less to clean, and frankly, this is all I can handle right now. :)
  • because it simplifies things, and helps us 'dare to dump' as my Momma would say.
  • because its really all we need right now.
  • because it keeps all three of us close, all the time.

"I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever."
Psalm 86:12



What are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

TheHappyNeills said...

for being able to be home with my kids.

for notification today of tuition assistance for fallyn's preschool! yay!

for these raw steel-cut oats i'm munching on as we speak...yummy!

Sarah Marie said...

that''s wonderful about Fallyn's school! Praise God!

Um yeah, yummy!

kate ortiz said...

well hey there, after a few years!

i love the flowers and i applaud you for being able to see beauty in not having a washer or dryer ;)

my littlest will be three months august 3rd and i've loved having a newborn around again. especially one that sleeps like a champ!

Nicole said...

such a beautiful post. I'm happy to see you writing here again.