Monday, July 28, 2008

after the sabbath



What a restful Sabbath it was for us yesterday...especially for me, as I stayed home with this icky cold/cough/fever which was graciously passed on to me by one or more of my preschoolers. :) Oh, how I missed being among the people of God, worshiping Him together, remembering His covenant with us, learning His Word, singing praise to Yahweh arm in arm with Joshua. I was quite eager for him to return home with a Sermon summary, and news on how everyone is. (I suppose I will write soon about how much I love our church family at Heartland.) It's amazing how difficult it is to really rest sometimes, isn't it? Even though my body ceased to work and strive, I found myself really having to "take every though captive." I'm beginning to realize how much I stress myself out, really. My mind would wander from things coming up at work, to things I needed to do at home, to all of the many weddings I have to sing/play in soon, etc. His Word needs to speak more loudly than anything in this busy brain. "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth." Col. 3:2 Thank God for that exhortation. I pray that I would more actively do that.

Yesterday I also got to try out my new Crock Pot! This really helps with keeping Sabbath rest, as the prep is so simple. I cut all of the veggies on Saturday night, and all I had to do was place the pot roast and all it's trimmings in the pot Sunday morning. It was perfect for this sick little homemaker yesterday. Joshua brought home a Shiraz, and we feasted on the goodness of the Lord.

For a few months now, I have been planning on having a second blog to journal my songwriting thoughts, and I'm almost ready to add a second blog about our journey toward Sabbath living. This blog here is trying to be to many things...and I think this may be the way to allow me to define and focus...and post more often!

I had planned on writing more, but I've got to put in a load of dishes before I'm off to work.
Have a lovely Monday!

Joyfully,

Sarah Marie

4 comments:

Jami Lyn said...

I'm sorry I didn't realize you had left me a comment ... in JUNE! :( But yes, Ampersand is gloriousness. Were you able to get a copy of it, or do you just listen to it online like I do? I have looked all over and can't find anywhere that is selling it.

Anywho. I'm sorry you were bit by the sick bug recently. I hope you are feeling better. I would love to catch up with you better real soon.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, if your friend is talking about the Ampersand CD I made you, I'm sure you can copy it. The cover says, "Enjoy, copy, share, promote this music. We give you permission." =)

Audrey said...

Yea!! More blogs by Sarah!! I love to read what your thinking. Good providence on the house hunting. It was great to see you today!

Nicole said...

hope you're having a nice week at home!